The Gong's relaxing sounds stimulate both hemispheres of the brain. and activates the endocrine system of glands that produce hormones (Hormones are special chemical messengers in the body that are created in the endocrine glands) that regulate metabolism, growth and development, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, sleep and mood....
We are familiar with Adrenaline, (produced in the medulla & adrenal glands) the hormone to our ‘Fight or Flight’ Response under STRESS. The Gong produces sounds and hormones that stimulates Calm, Healing and Deep Rest & Relaxation; and Meditation. (Cortisol/the stress hormone, serotonin & melatonin/both help with sleep.)
Yoga, Meditation and Gong Meditation helps with a multitude of health issues: Reduces STRESS, Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia; Problem Solving, helps us to become more centered, balanced and grounded. Boosting our immune system, rejuvenating our body, mind and Spirit. Mediation helps to heal the body’s nervous system from intoxicants and drugs.
Hormones are created by glands, which are part of the endocrine system. The main hormone-producing glands are:
· Hypothalamus: The hypothalamus is responsible for body temperature, hunger, moods and the release of hormones from other glands; and also controls thirst, sleep and sex drive.
· Thymus: This gland plays a role in the function of the adaptive immune system and the maturity of the thymus, and produces T-cells.
· Pancreas: This gland produces the insulin that helps control blood sugar levels.
· Thyroid: The thyroid produces hormones associated with calorie burning and heart rate.
· Adrenal: Adrenal glands produce the hormones that control sex drive and cortisol, the stress hormone.
The Gong's Reverberations quickly calms the brain, mind and body. These reverberations bring us quickly from our awake state (Beta) to a more relaxed and calm state (Alpha). As the Gong Meditation progresses, your mind comes to (Theta) Deep Rest, Relaxation, Meditation and PEACE. (Delta) is a deep dreamless sleep.
Our bodies and minds are often going in a rhythm that is too fast (Beta 14-30 Hz) Awake/Alert. The gong is a tool that resets our internal rhythms to a slower more relaxing state; Alpha (9/13 Hz) Relaxed and Calm, Theta (4-8 Hz) Deeper Relaxation and Meditation, and Delta (1-3 Hz) Deep Dreamless Sleep.
Reducing Stress and its symptoms
is essential to good
body and mind health.
Good health is more than Absence of Disease and Injury;
Good Health is also about Being Happy!
Gong Journeys Meditation
is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, treat, mitigate,
or cure any medical condition..